At Ashenfelter, Slous, McDonough & Trevenen, LLP, our mission is to create estate plans that uniquely address the exact needs of our clients. We are committed to listening to your concerns and to understanding your special circumstances before making any recommendations. Our experienced estate planning lawyers provide creative, sophisticated and cost-effective solutions that will protect your assets and ensure your finals wishes are clear.
Although there are a some common components, each individual’s estate plan is quite unique. We firmly believe that every person should have a last will and testament. Without this vital document, the courts will decide how your property is distributed after your death.
In addition to a last will and testament, however, there are numerous other arrangements that can be put in place to safeguard your hard-earned assets, to minimize taxes, to provide for the care of your children and to otherwise manage your estate.
We can explore many options with you including:
- Last will and testaments
- Durable powers of attorney
- Living wills (medical directives)
- Irrevocable trusts and revocable living trusts
- Tax planning and tax minimization strategies
- Business entity formation to protect personal assets
- Asset protection strategies
- Guardianships and conservatorships
- Special needs trusts
- Spendthrift trusts
- Elder law strategies
- Family limited partnerships
- Planned giving and charitable remainder trusts
- Estate and gift taxation